What is a Fractal?
a never-ending pattern; infinitely complex patterns that are self-similar across different scales
Is a taproom the same thing as a bar?
A taproom allows you to discover beer brewed on-site with styles and recipes that you might not be able to experience anywhere else. A bar typically serves beer, spirits, and wine that is brewed elsewhere.
Do you have to be 21+ to come to a brewery?
You do not. You do however have to be 21 or over to consume the beer.
What is a flight?
A flight is for those of us with a fear of commitment or if you want to try everything and still be able to stand. The origin of the term “flight” is kind of a mystery in the beer world. A flight is a sampler where you may choose up to 4 different beers in smaller, accessible 5oz pours.
What is a crowler?
A crowler is an aluminum can filled with draft beer and sealed for transport home. Fractal Brewing Project will offer crowlers in 12oz, 16oz, and 19.2oz sizes.
What is a growler?
A growler is a large container, often glass or ceramic, used for transporting draft beer. Fractal Brewing Project will not be selling or filling growlers. Be sure and grab a crowler and give it a try. You’ll understand why.
How do I know how strong a beer is?
Beers typically have an alcohol by volume (this is a measurement, abbreviated as ABV) content of between 4 – 6%. Craft beer alcohol content can vary widely. Each beer on our menu will be listed with it’s ABV %. The higher the percentage, the more alcohol is in the brew.
What is kombucha?
Kombucha is a sweet, fizzy drink made of yeast, sugar, fermented tea and includes live micro-organisms. It is a fermented food (like cultured yogurt, cheese, kefir, kimchi, and sauerkraut). You make kombucha by brewing sugar, black or green tea, and a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast. Most kombucha (including that served at Fractal Brewing Project) is classified as nonalcoholic, which means that it falls under the federal 0.5% alcohol by volume (A.B.V.) threshold. Known as the “tea of immortality,” it originated in China more than 2,000 years ago.
Customer Experience Manager
The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for presenting and executing a hospitality and entertainment vision for the brewery taproom. The primary responsibilities include event planning/execution, front of house staff management, and financial tracking and coordination with the operations manager. The ideal candidate is a creative, inviting, and direct leader capable of big picture ideation and detailed planning/delegating.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a pleasant taproom environment (temperature, music, cleanliness, conduct)
- Schedule and manage taproom employees work schedules
- Manage staff by making performance objectives very clear
- Develop and lead a beverage serving training program
- Manage taproom inventory (crowlers, glassware, packaged food, and merchandise) on a monthly basis
- Work with production manager/head brewer to ensure beverage inventory and serving schedule is maintained
- Ensure taproom and event space cleanliness - order supplies, daily checklist of opening/closing activities, schedule periodic deep cleaning activities.
- Manage Point of Sale system - draft, to-go, food, merchandise, and event rentals
- Ensure POS and cash drawer are reconciled and properly balanced for daily operations
- Report FOH monthly sales and costs to the operations manager
- Create monthly reports for excise tax computation
- Coordinate and schedule rental events in the event room
- Coordinate and schedule entertainment events at the brewery (bands, food trucks, and other open events)
- Participate in social media marketing for the taproom and the event space
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the beverage/hospitality industry
- Available to work full-time (40 hrs/week) including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of cloud based tablet Point of Sales Systems (Arryved is the POS currently in use)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- ABC Safe Server certification preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with MS office applications, Canva, and other software tools
- Experience contributing to social media platforms
- Experience working behind the bar
Physical and Mental Requirements
Must be a critical thinker with problem solving skills - sometimes under pressure. Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties in some extreme environments. Must have the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations.
Grab a Beer
Founded by a Huntsville native and brewed in a space steeped in craft beer tradition, Fractal Brewing Project is serving up drinks that are infinitely complex. Come discover your favorite.